In addition to the routine foot maladies, Dr. Andersen utilizes her engineering and medical degrees to treat the complex biomechanics of the foot and ankle system. Her experience on the teaching faculty at a major medical center has given her broad exposure to the extremes of foot and ankle problems- mangled limbs from high speed car crashes, severely degenerated joints from diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis as well as chronic wounds and ulcers.
Dr. Andersen begins with the non-operative care using the latest techniques in physical therapy and bracing. If that is not successful she will move on to operative intervention using tried and true as well as innovative procedures to achieve optimal outcomes. All of this is done as a collaborative effort with the patient, assuring the treatment plan is in agreement with the patient’s wishes.
- B.S. Exercise Science University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- M.S. Industrial and Operations Engineering University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.D. Albany Medical College
- Orthopedic Residency and Research Fellowship Albany Medical Center
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor Orthopedics Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center