Richard Braver, DPM, FACFAS(201) 791-1881
Richard Braver, DPM, FACFAS
Richard T. Braver, DPM., FACFAS, graduated from American University in Washington, D.C. and the Dr. Wm. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, IL. He completed his residency training at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine and Affiliated Hospitals and Institutions in New York City. He underwent an additional one year sports medicine/foot and ankle surgery training in the Chicago area with John Durkin, DPM., FACFAS.
While at American University he ran varsity cross-county and track and was later sponsored for competitions by the University of Chicago Track Club. He has been on the medical staff of numerous walking and running races including the Boston, Chicago and New York City marathons. Dr. Braver has also interned with the Department of Biomechanics of the United States Olympic Committee training center in Colorado Springs. His sports medicine practice has also, greatly benefited from time spent with the physical therapists at the New York City Ballet. Dr. Braver has been a consultant/wear tester for several of the major athletic shoe companies. He has also, served as a key speaker and advisor/consultant for several foot and ankle surgical companies including Nexa Medical (Tornier), Arthrocare Sports Medicine, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation-MTF (Conmed), and Metasurg (Integra). In addition, he helped develop several orthotic inserts and was the national podiatric spokesperson and consultant to Dr. Scholl’s Foot Health Care for many years.
Currently he is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Runner’s World Magazine and also a contributing writer to Podiatry Today Magazine. He has lectured Nationally and Internationally on podiatric topics including sports injuries, running analysis, orthotics, PRP injections, stem cell treatments, ulcer/wound grafts, flat feet and arch surgery, as well as ankle fracture and ligament repairs. He regularly performs clinics on prevention and treatment of running, dancing, gymnastics, and ice skating injuries.
• Affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center, Palisades General, and Hackensack Surgery Center, all in Northern New Jersey
• Board Certified in Reconstructive Foot, Ankle, and Rearfoot Surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
• Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• Fellow of the American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
• Fellow of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
• Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association
• Member of the New Jersey Podiatric Medical Society
• Team Podiatric Foot & Ankle Specialist for Montclair State University and ICON Professional Football (Soccer) Club
• Adjunct Educator for William Paterson University Athletic Trainers
• Scientific Advisory Board Member of Runner’s World Magazine
• Former President of NJ Division of American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• Director of Active Foot & Ankle Care, LLC