Michael Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson is a Kansas native. He was born at St. Johns Hospital in Salina, KS. He was raised in Salina until his family moved to Winfield, KS when he was in high school. In 1997, Dr. Johnson joined Salina Ortho and has been here since then.
Dr. Johnson is married with 3 children and 1 grandchild. His hobbies include competing in triathlons, traveling with his wife and family, and he has completed 16 ironman and ultramarathons.
Doc first attended Kansas State University but decided to transfer to the University of Kansas to pursue a pharmacy degree. While on his clinical rotation at KU Medical Center as a pharmacy student, he discovered his passion was patient care so he decided to pursue medicine.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society
- Kansas Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Salina Surgical Hospital
- McPherson Memorial Hospital
- Additional Service Line
- Winfield High School. 1980
- The University of Kansas, Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy 1987
- University of Kansas, Doctor of Medicine 1992
- University of Kansas, Wichita Campus, Ortho Surgery Residency 1997
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Re-Certification 2010