Christopher Larkins, MD
Dr. Christopher G. Larkins, a Foot and Ankle Specialist and Orthopaedic Surgeon, has joined the surgical staff at South Texas Bone and Joint.
Dr. Larkins graduated Magna Cum Laude from Arizona State University with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry in 2008. He completed his Medical Degree at the University of Arizona in Tucson in 2013, and completed his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Texas health Science Center of San Antonio in 2018. Following his residency, Dr. Larkins completed his Fellowship with Dr. Thomas O. Clanton and Dr. C. Thomas Haytmanek at the Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado.
Dr. Larkins was born and raised in the East Valley of Phoenix, AZ. After high school, he enlisted i...
At the UT Health Science Center, Dr. Larkins participated in medical missions to Haiti and Mexico with Dr. Kaye Wilkins. He has participated in numerous studies at UT Health Science Center of San Antonio to include cadaver studies and resident microsurgical training. His most recent research involved novel biomechanical modeling evaluating the Lateral Ankle Ligaments at the Steadman Clinic in Vail.
Dr. Larkins’ surgical interests include Ankle Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Knee and Ankle Arthroscopy, Cartilage Restoration, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction, and Sports Foot and Ankle Injuries.
Dr. Larkins serves as a member of the US Ski and Snowboard medical team. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, a member of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, as well as an active member of the Nueces County Medical Society and Texas Orthopedic Association. Dr. Larkins, his wife Shelby, and their two boys are excited to be a part of the Corpus Christi community.
- 2008 — Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ – B.S. in Biochemistry
- 2013 — University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tuscon, AZ – M.D.
- 2013 – 2018 — University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX – Orthopaedic Residency
- 2018 – 2019 — Steadman Clinic, Steadmon Phillipon Research Institute, Vail, CO – Foot and Ankle Fellowship
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Foot and Ankle
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Knee
- Total Joint Replacement of Ankle and Knee
- Efficacy of Using Surgical Loupes vs. the Naked Eye for Orthopaedic Surgery Residents – 2015
- Long Term Outcomes of In Office Trigger Finger Release – 2015
Preceptor: David Green MD, Hand Center of San Antonio
- 2nd Metatarsal Head to Scaphoid Transfer (Submitted to JHS) – 2014
Preceptor: William Pederson MD, Hand Center of San Antonio
- Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Trends In Pin Placement – 2012
Preceptor: Lisa M. Truchan, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Arizona
- The effects of Platelet Transfusion on Platelet Function after Traumatic Brain Injury in Patients on Anti-Platelet Therapy – 2009
Preceptor: Bellal Joseph, MD, Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Arizona
- Pediatric Supracondylar Humerus Fractures: Are Medial Pins Indicated?
Bobby Dezfuli, Christopher Larkins, John T. Ruth, Lisa M. Truchan
Open Journal of Orthopedics Vol.4 No.5 (2014), Article ID: 46422, 7 pages
- A prospective evaluation of platelet function in patients on antiplatelet therapy with traumatic intracranial hemorrhage. Joseph, Bellal MD; Pandit, Viraj MD; Sadoun, Moutamn MD; Larkins, Christopher G. MD; Kulvatunyou, Narong MD; Tang, Andrew MD; Mino, Matthew MD; Friese, Randall S. MD; Rhee, Peter MD. Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery: December 2013. Volume 75 – Issue 6 – p 990–994
Honors and Awards:
- Commitment to Underserved People (CUP) Leadership Award – 2011
- American Academy of Surgical Trauma Scholarship Recipient – 2011
- The Doctors Company Foundation Young Physicians Patient Safety Award – 2013