Nicholas Pagano, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Pagano is a board certified surgeon and the co-owner of Barking Dogs Foot and Ankle Care. He grew up in Bucks County, PA, knowing a career in the medical field was always for him. His mom is a nurse so he saw first hand the ability to help people heal and the powers of medicine. Young Dr. Pagano was an avid runner and an All American in Track at LaSalle University in Philadelphia. It was his running that focused his study of medicine toward podiatry.
After receiving his Bachelor’s degree in Biology at LaSalle, he went on to earn his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. He then received three years of intensive surgical training at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York....
Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Pagano and his wife, Alayna, founded Barking Dogs Foot & Ankle Care. In addition to providing the highest quality care and services to the city of Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Dr. Pagano is an adjunct professor in Pediatrics at Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. He has great enthusiasm for his profession, and is passionate about the future podiatrists he teaches.
Dr. Pagano believes communication is the key to excellent patient care. He enjoys getting to know his patients and wants them to be comfortable with him as a person before a doctor. “By gaining my patients trust and respect, they are more open with me and I am better able to serve them.”
A few fun things to know about Dr. Pagano…..
- He still runs, just not nearly as far and fast as he used to
- He is a HUGE Philadelphia Sports fan and gets to as many Phillies and Eagles games as he can
- He is an avid snowboarder and plays the banjo, poorly at both
- He loves to travel, but wishes he could skip the plane rides getting there
- He has been published in The Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and other publications
- He met his wife when he was 13 years old
- He spends his free time with his daughter, Maci and his son, Dominick
- His mother-in-law was the inspiration for the name of his practice since she always says, “my dogs are barking!”