Paras Parekh, DPM
Dr. Paras Parekh received his BS in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1994 and attended Podiatry school at Rosalind Franklin University. After graduating in 1998, he completed three years of surgical residency training in Dayton, OH and Chicago, IL at the Dayton VA / Wright Patterson AFB and Michael Reese/Weiss Hospital system.
Dr. Parekh has a special interest in sports medicine and welcomes amateur to professional athletes to his practice. A concierge-style of office allows ample time for education, questions, and conservative to surgical solutions. All scopes of podiatric dermatology, trauma, biomechanics, and diabetic complications (wounds, ulcers, arterial and venous issues) are seen. Patients ar...
Dr. Parekh has been a contributor to online board review course programs. He is actively involved with resident journal clubs, physical therapy journal clubs, and has the following affiliations:
– Member – Illinois Podiatric Medical Association
– Member – American Podiatric Medical Association
– Member – Americal College of Podiatric Medicine
– Member – American Board of Podiatric Surgeons
– Member – American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
– Board Certification – CWS (Wound Care Specialist)
– certification, TENEX for ultrasonic debridement
– certification, Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
– certification, Therapeutic and Diagnostic Ultrasound
– national speaker – Smith and Nephew Wound Care
In his spare time, Dr. Parekh enjoys running, racquet sports, coaching Science teams at his children’s schools, and being involved on the board of Ravinia Festival in Chicago’s north suburbs. He loves exploring the nooks of Chicago land and finding restaurants and unique adventures with his wife and two daughters.